Use this ultra-simple technique to get high quality traffic to your site every day. It works. No, it doesn’t send HUGE traffic to your site. It sends high quality traffic. There is a big difference of course. Huge traffic is great and necessary if you want to make a lot of money from advertising. But as I talk about a lot here, high traffic is only one of many ways to make money online.
My personal experience comes from getting really good conversions from high profit products and services. Some of the sites I run now only get a few thousand visitors a month, but they are highly profitable, because when I get traffic I convert it. And when I convert, I don’t make fifty cents…if you know what I mean. So if you’re offering a truly valuable product or service through your website, you don’t need a lot of traffic. You need GOOD traffic…highly targeted to what you offer.
And the best quality traffic you can get is traffic resulting from personal referrals. Twitter makes this possible, and it is a beautiful thing.
Use Twitter to Get High Quality Traffic
Use this list and let me know how it works for you:
- Build a quality network – Yeah, I know. This takes time! It’s OK. It’s worth it. Add people who have interests in line with what you’re offering. They will often follow you back. Also, put your Twitter profile up on all your social profiles, websites, etc. This is how you build your follower count. Use https://search.twitter.com to keep tabs on who’s talking about you or your brand. If someone is talking about how much they love (or even how much they hate) your product, do you think they’re a good person to follow on Twitter? The answer of course is yes.
- Install Tweetdeck. Seriously, just do it. It’s the best Twitter client ever, and it will save you a lot of time and help you make better sense of your twitter feed.
- Use Tweetdeck to set up ongoing searches for search terms relevant to whatever you’re selling. In other words, if you’re selling “brand xyz widgets”, then “brand xyz widgets” should be one of the searches you have saved in Tweetdeck, bare minimum. When people use the search terms you have saved, they will show up in Tweetdeck automatically. Can you see where this is going?
- Talk to them. Thank them for loving you. Thank them for hating on you. Check out their profile, and if you think they’re a good potential buyer for what you sell, follow them.
- When appropriate, send them a link to a specific article or other page on their site. **Keep it authentic and conversational. I want to stress that this is not an excuse for spamming people on Twitter. I’ve received my fair share of replies on Twitter when some spammer just responds to something I said with an affiliate link or with a link to a landing page. This is crap, and it’s not what I’m talking about. But if someone is following you and they tweet out something about how they’re really loving a certain band right now, for example…and you happen to have just written a post on how you love that band too…it’s more than appropriate for you to tweet out a link to it.
This takes time, and it takes work. And it is one of the best ways to get great, targeted traffic to your site. Let me know what you think!